Disclosure: I was not compensated to write this blog post. I was however sent cranberries along with other supplies and information from The Cranberry Institute. All opinions stated are my own.
Here is a tasty side dish using cranberries, whole gains, and chickpeas. Good to try over the holidays. Feel free to add in your favorite chopped veggies for extra flavor. Cranberries as well as spices like ginger may have properties beneficial for our health. So make sure you spice up your meals this fall!CRANBERRY, BROWN RICE AND CHICKPEA SIDE DISH
Yield: 6 servings
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 ½ cup brown rice
1 15 oz can Chickpeas
¾ cup dried cranberries
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions and refrigerate cooked rice until cool.
2. Open can of chickpeas and rinse well.
3. Mix together brown rice, chickpeas, and dried cranberries
4. Add ground ginger to olive oil and mix well.
5. Pour olive oil and ginger mixture over the brown rice, chickpeas, and dried cranberries.
6. Mix together and serve.
Recipe © Sarah Smith, RDN